Friday, April 6, 2012

My Recent Finds

Well let me just tell you, after spending a week on the Gulf Coast of Florida I came home to some very cool weather.  Brr!  However after hitting the yard sales with my mother-in-law at some of her favorite spots, I decided I was itching to start looking for some items to refinish or re purpose.  I also decided my next trip to Florida will require an empty trailer for me to fill and bring home.  There was just oodles of "junk" that I would have brought home if I had the space.  But, I had to settle for just a few items.  Lucky for me, My father was waiting with news of a farm auction the day after we returned home and the flea market across the street from my home starts booming around the beginning of April.  Ok, so time for pictures of the few items I picked up.

My flea market finds.....



I know this dresser needs a bit of work but I drove by three times to peek at it and see if it had sold yet.  Of course, I was running other errands and it was by no means out of my way to check on it! So today I brought it home. 




 Oops sorry hubby, yet another item that needs some love.  I saw this cute fan back chair tucked back in some older man's booth and new immediately I wanted it.  But, when he drug it out I almost cried when I saw the method at which he decided to fix the split seat.  It did, however, give me the leverage to bargain him down more than half what he was asking for it.  So it came home as well.

My auction items.....



Not my usual choice, but picked this up merely due to price. I like the curvy details and lion head knockers on the sides.  I also picked up four boxes of new hard wood flooring.  My husband just looked at me and asked, "What on earth are you going to do with that!".  I just shrugged and told him I would figure out something to use it on.  He later told me that it might look good in his office down at the garage.  I think he's wanting to steal it away from me.

And last but not least, I drug home a rather large turn table and wooden picture frame from Florida.  For two dollars total, I just couldn't help myself.



I was quite amused when my husband asked if that picture was actually going to be hung up in the house.  He should know me better than that, he he he.

I'm not completely sure what do with each item yet, but I do have a plan for a few.  Any thoughts???  I'm undecided on how to finish the end table, paint or re stain? And, not sure if I like the distressing done on the teal chair.    I hope to start on these after Easter and have some pictures posted of the end product. 




No comments:

Post a Comment