Monday, April 23, 2012

Auction Time!!!

There was an auction this past weekend.  But I didn't get to go!  I had already committed myself to an outing at the Franklin Park Conservatory with my mother, sister-in-law, and the kids.  I have to say I was very torn after going to the auction preview with my hubby the night before.  So I talked him and my father into keeping an eye on a few items for me since they both were going for equipment items.  I made a small I wish list, which I narrowed down to my three most wanted items.  There was a lot more I had eyes on, but I had to be realistic with my list as the men would be doing the "shopping" for me.  I have to admit though I verbally dropped a few hints as to other items that popped out at me.  Just in case.  You never know!  I waited all day for the auction to end and hear back on the goods.  Here is what they managed to snag for me, and only for $72 bucks!

Four original porch columns from a house build in 1887


Porch and Railing Parts







A lot of stuff huh!!  Now I have to find a place to put it. 

3 old chairs, there is another hiding in the corner that matches the smaller one.



2 large metal/brass (I'm not sure but they are very heavy) Chandeliers



And last but not least a freebie my mother took from her neighbors trash!!!  I was so proud of her.




No comments:

Post a Comment